Sunday, September 11, 2011

The SeaRey has wheels!!

My friend Einar stopped by today, and we had a great day finishing rigging the tailwheel retraction cables.



With the gear complete, we decided it was time for her to feel the sunshine. 




And I got to try her on for the first time. 



Einar (right) and Mike inspect the engine pylon. Mike is building a RV-7 a few hangars over.




Afterward I went to work fitting some reinforcing to the hull. I'll do the layup Sunday. First I had to strip the paint.



Then roughen up the hull a bit. 



A piece of cardboard made a former to trace onto the foam core. 



And then it was a matter of trimming, fitting, trimming, fitting...






Nice that foam is so easy to shape. 



The foam is punctured to allow excess resin to escape. 




Sun goes down, moon comes up. That means it's time to call it a day. 



Well, maybe in a while. After I cut the glass out. 





A piece of butcher paper works very well for a pattern. 




No comments:

Post a Comment