Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nose rings and trim, these kids nowadays!!!!

Been moving the hull around and thought it would be better to install the nose ring instead of continuing to pull on the hull.




The bolt is a bit too long, I needed to get out my angle grinder. Oh darn....





Next came mounting the pitch trim sensor. Nod to Ken Berger for suggesting the rc airplane parts.



I call it operational checking, some might call it playing with the sensor. Either way, I wanted to make sure the sensor and display were working before installing it.



Other builds showed the sensor installed upside down, my anal retentive side said to put it in right side up. A piece of double stick tape (we used to call it servo tape) to hold it in place. 



And zip ties  to be sure.



Uhhh.... Ok, that's why it's not right side up. Lemme fix that. 




How far down should the sensor arm be mounted? I'll make a guess and start here. 



Dumb fracking luck, it was the right spot on the first try. 






By the way, the newly revised assembly manual has you doing all this with the frame already mounted inside the hull. I can't see how.

No comments:

Post a Comment