Thursday, May 21, 2020

Get Juiced.

Christmas in May. 



I had sent the ACI Power Buss away for a checkover, while it was there Ben & I worked together to change some of the assignments, decrease some of the PTCs and increase others. Fun to have a customized electrical system.

 


I'm getting better at my linesman splices, too. Practice makes perfect. 



LEDs, again. The VAF guys turned me on to another supplier of LED warning lights, Oznium. I ordered a few different ones and holy cow, are they bright.



The thing I really like is that they screw in from the back, making replacement easy. 



And they look good from the front. Way too bright, though, we'll be working on that.



And let's run them wires. This is just temporary for testing and fit, when installed on the panel the adel clamp will be mounted from the top.



Changing the runs will result in a lot of extra wire that will have to be trimmed. Should save a couple of pounds.




Blue for signal wires, in this case, audio from the Gear Alert System and ACI Buss warning annunciators.



And a new toy, 2020 GPS/ADS-B receiver.



Question: is the positive screw on a capacitor a Phillips so you know it's a +, and the negative terminal a blade so you know the - by feel??



No comments:

Post a Comment