Friday, August 21, 2020

Bits and pieces

The new Dynon 160 label maker came (as suggested and reviewed in Kitplanes), I had drug my feet as long as possible because the old one used 1/8" heat shrink tubing, but all I could find in the new one was 1/4". Turns our they're both the same size, somehow, and the 1/4" fits fine.






As did the new, smaller LED indicator lights from Oznium. With the bigger, more aesthitcially pleasing lights I have to add a 10k ohn resistor to balance between an acceptable level of day and night brightness, but the smaller ones have the resistor built-in, and a colored lens to show up better.



But, frustratingly, the 2 piece connector I got is too big to fit through the 8mm hole of the smaller indicator. Going to put that in the "Step away and think about it." pile while we move on to other things for a while. 



No comments:

Post a Comment