Saturday, October 17, 2020

Bits and pieces

With the big parts safely tucked away, it was time to paint the small pieces, and finish painting the control surfaces. The rudder had a sag in the paint, since there was going to be room I decided to spray one light coat after wet sanding out the sag. Maybe I'm anal, but I practiced on my test frames first.



 

7 out of 8. Somehow, on the first pass of the first piece of the day, I got 2 large runs on the aileron in the upper right of the pic. It will have to be redone.

 

When I did the fairings I laid them directly on the plastic dropcloths.



BIG mistake, I should have put them on a few pieces of scrap, and off the plastic. Luckily, I was able to carefully peel the paint snot off the pieces before it set up.


It was a busy month, but I'm happy. Still trying to figure out what to do about the wings, there's a nice spray of junk on them that's bugging me, but the paint booth is now tied up with revenue jobs. 



Something will turn up. I hope.


....

No comments:

Post a Comment