Saturday, August 31, 2013

Proper Prior Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Painting

Everything is covered, so it's time to start looking for problems.They say you should run your hand over the completed surface and if you can feel a flaw, you'll see it when it's painted, so it's a good excuse to kick off the shoes, turn on some music, and be patient with an iron and some reducer. 



In a few cases, I looked back at prior work and went "Ugh..." Here, some bubbles in the pinking tape on the flaps are about to get heated and shrunk down.




But I couldn't resist the time honored model airplane practice of taking a small control surface out and spinning around with it, feeling it lift in my hands. Her first taste of flight.


 
Even after I went over things once, I'd still go back over them again, finding small things I wanted to fix. Gotta be careful though, there's a point where you just gotta say "Enough".



Goops or bubbles under the fabric melt with a carefully placed, well heated iron, as do wrinkles.









No comments:

Post a Comment